Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ten percent

I've grown up learning about tithing and while I know it's good and right, it hasn't really been a priority. Until lately, that is.  Recently I decided that I need to tithe. It's not mine to start with and I really do want to give joyfully back to the Lord. Even if it's just five dollars from babysitting.

I don't want simplejoys to be an exception so I've decided that 10% of the profit from every item is going to somehow be given back. There is purposefully some freedom in this, but I want it to go to simple necessities of life. A cow from World Vision so a family can eat,  a well so a town has clean water, donations to help build schools so children around the world have a chance to receive an education, medical supplies so treatable diseases don't turn into deadly diseases...

The list goes on and on of hurts and needs in the world that yank at my heart and get me stoked to give.




So here's my (rather public) promise to giving the first 10% away so that people around the world can have the simple necessities of life that everyone should enjoy!

simplejoys of the day: clean water, a full stomach, access to medical care, and the opportunity to get an education (and learn about things that I love)

No comments:

Post a Comment